Contrary to popular belief, it's not that hard to create a smokey eye look... There are tons of variation to the eye-do all over the internet, but me being me, of course I'll always looking out for the easiest one to do =D I did come up with my own version during one boring night few months ago, which look a lot like Keira Knightley eye makeup in her latest Marie Claire's cover here but with a slightly different color choices... It's so freakin' easy, you don't even need fancy makeup brushes to do it!!! All you ever need is a little practice, couples of basic stuff and you're good to go =)
Okay girls, here's the list of makeup you gonna need to rock this look :-
- a very good eye primer (I use Mac Paint Pot in Painterly)
- a very good undereye concealer (I use Benefit Ooh La La)
- a black eyeliner (I use Maybelline MasterLine)
- a black mascara (I use Benefit BadGal Lash)
- a dark color eyeshadow (I use Urban Decay Naked palette - Darkhorse)
- a light color eyeshadow (I use Urban Decay Naked palette - Virgin )
- a brow pencil (I use Benefit Instant Brow in Medium)
- cotton buds
p.s : you don't have to use the same exact products like me, I'm just happened to be a huge Benefit junkie, hehe =P
Next, lets move on to the steps, which I already simplified into 6 stages with the above pictures as your reference...
1) Apply your fav eye primer to the entire eyelid until it looks even.
2) Draw a very thin line very close to your upper lashline with your black eyeliner.
3) Using your ring finger, apply the dark color eyeshadow on your eye crease and blend the color lightly with your finger to get the smokey effect.
4) Draw a thick line this time at your upper lashline and smudge it lightly using cotton buds. Apply 2 or 3 coats of your black mascara after that.
5) Apply the eyeliner to your waterline next and then using your pinkie finger, apply the light color eyeshadow to the browbone area to highlight the brow area.
6) Last but not least, finish your smokey look by filling up the brow gap with a medium shade brow pencil to make it look more neat and presentable.
I hope you girls have fun trying this look, feel free to let me know if you have any questions =) Till then, have a nice weekend everyone, adieu ❤_❤